+ A

Celebrity chef has agency woes

Jan 20,2020
이미지뷰
Celebrity chef Choi Hyun-seok said he has resolved all issues regarding his contract with his former agency in a release Sunday.

Local media outlet Dispatch reported last week that Choi’s cell phone was hacked, and his concern about leaked information resulted in him ending his contract with the former agency.

In a release through a new agency, Choi said there was indeed a cell phone hack around August 2018 and the hacked information included details of his personal life, family, friends and acquaintances. To prevent any of his family or friends from having problems, he asked the local authorities to investigate, and the case was settled.

He explained that he got a legal warning about the contract with the former agency, and he and his former agency resolved the issues together. There is no legal action pending against him at the moment, he said. He did not elaborate on what legal action was taken against him and when or how it was resolved.

“I have gotten too big a spotlight for my name,” said Choi in a release. “I have made many in the industry who helped me with many events I have participated in worry, and I will look out for myself with a stricter eye and try harder to be a better person.”

By Lee Sun-min