+ A

[VIDEO NEWS] Park So-yeon on Care’s euthanizing animals.

Jan 22,2019
1) “In South Korea, the rules surrounding euthanizing animals are set by municipality shelters.” - Park So-yeon, a founder of the well-known animal rights group Care

2) “I knew that once I made a decision to euthanize animals, criticism and controversy would arise, as is currently happening.”

3) “That’s why I couldn’t tell the public: I tried to conceal it.”

4) “However, Care’s euthanizing of animals is not like the mass killings undertaken in municipality shelters: Care carried out the process in a humanitarian manner.”

5) “Animals in South Korea go through cruel and inhumane situations that often resemble something out of a horror film.”

6) “The animals Care rescues are from slaughterhouses — if not for Care, those animals would have been slaughtered.”

7) “Saving 80 percent of those rescued and killing the other 20 percent in a painless manner is something that only an animal protection organization can do.”

8) “What we do at Care is the best form of animal relief in this country.”

Video sourced from JoongAng Ilbo
Video produced by Kim Han-sol
Video provided by JTBC
Translated by Chung Yu-soo
Edited by Liam Reilly